- Illness/accident suffered by non-traveling parent, spouse, child, domestic partner, or other family member included as medical reason for Trip Cancellation/Interruption.
- If your insured travel companion cancels for a covered reason, you can either cancel as well or, if applicable, receive reimbursement for higher per-person trip cost.
Worldwide Trip Protector (recommended)
- Because an early and unexpected return home in addition to your lost expenses can cost more than your original trip, Trip Interruption for these plans cover up to 150% of trip cost.
- Cancel for Any Reason is available as an optional upgrade if the plan is purchased within 21 days of the initial trip deposit.
- Interrupt for Any Reason is also available as an optional upgrade.
- Family friendly. Children 17 and under can be included at no extra cost when on the same plan as a paid adult.
- Dana's favorite - bed rest upgrade. For around $15 per person, you can add on quarantine coverage of up to $4000 if you test positive in destination. This is the best coverage I have seen yet.
Worldwide Trip Protector Lite
Only a good choice for domestic (USA) travel.
From Trip Cancellation to Lost Baggage, Hurricanes to Medical Emergencies (that's right, your home medical insurance probably doesn't cover you abroad)... I have seen it all. Now that we are living in a pandemic - did we ever think we'd say that in our lifetime - we have to be even extra cautious. Did you know airlines and hotels are not required to give you a refund if you cancel because you're sick - and most don't these days. Did you also know the costs of having to quarantine abroad are usually not included in the price of your travel package (see "bed rest upgrade" below)?
Please take a moment to consider travel protection for your upcoming getaway. You can get a free quote below.