- Illness/accident suffered by non-traveling parent, spouse, child, domestic partner, or other family member included as medical reason for Trip Cancellation/Interruption.
- If your insured travel companion cancels for a covered reason, you can either cancel as well or, if applicable, receive reimbursement for higher per-person trip cost.
Worldwide Trip Protector (recommended)
- Because an early and unexpected return home in addition to your lost expenses can cost more than your original trip, Trip Interruption for these plans cover up to 150% of trip cost.
- Cancel for Any Reason is available as an optional upgrade if the plan is purchased within 21 days of the initial trip deposit.
- Interrupt for Any Reason is also available as an optional upgrade.
- Family friendly. Children 17 and under can be included at no extra cost when on the same plan as a paid adult.
- Dana's favorite - bed rest upgrade. For around $15 per person, you can add on quarantine coverage of up to $4000 if you test positive in destination. This is the best coverage I have seen yet.
Worldwide Trip Protector Edge/Lite
Only a good choice for domestic (USA) travel.
From Trip Cancellation to Lost Baggage, Hurricanes to Medical Emergencies (that's right, your home medical insurance probably doesn't cover you abroad)... I have seen it all. Now that we are living in a pandemic - did we ever think we'd say that in our lifetime - we have to be even extra cautious. Did you know airlines and hotels are not required to give you a refund if you cancel because you're sick - and most don't these days.
Please take a moment to consider travel protection for your upcoming getaway. You can get a free quote below.